Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Game







On Tuesday night I took the kids up to the Huntsman Center to watch the the BYU and Utes play basketball. We pulled onto campus and easily found a parking spot. About a five minute walk through the snow and cold. That was lucky because Curen was out cold and I had to pack him. We bought our tickets (not in the student section, my request) and went in out of the cold. Josie immediately found the cheerleaders and Curen was on the hunt for swoop and cosmo. Jake (wearing his blue hair) was giving knuckles and high fives to other fellow BYU fans (there were a few in the 12,000 people). After the game started the red hairs moved in. We had four of them right in front of us. They taunted each other and threatened to come up and rip that blue hair off Jakes head. Jake laughed and they even shared high fives. The game was close and Curen needed a bathroom break with four minutes left. I asked "Can you wait until the game is over?" I said,"It will be over when the buzzer rings". He said,"yeah." Well, tied at 71 the buzzer rang.
Curen asked," Mom who won the game? Can we go pee?".
"No one Curen."
"Really, that sucks, let's go pee now."
The five minutes seemed like forever and we had to stand the entire time. Curen could not wait so we had to leave with about 30 seconds left. The cougars lost, but Jake sported his blue hair to the car and said how fun it was ( I was told we got our moneys worth). We sat by fun people and enjoyed the game. Now we sat in the parking lot waiting for our turn to leave for 40 minutes, no wonder no one wanted that parking spot, you never get out. Jake called me a wimp, soft and said I was letting everyone bully and take advantage of me. However, we did make it home, with a car of sleeping children and a tired mom. It was a successful night.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

I love the term you used saying "Red Hairs" i totally giggled... We need to get together on those games and hang out I would have loved to go to the game with you guys, even with the "Blue Hair"

~Christian~